If you ask me, one can never have enough "Happy Birthday" and "Thank You" cards so I decided it was time to add to my collection of "Thank You" ones the other day.
I based the card on a Becky Fleck card sketch from March of 2011. I love how it turned out for the most part. I really should have inked the edges of the patterned paper I used on the background to make it pop more against the cardstock base. Oh well ... Note to self: Lay the paper on the cardstock BEFORE adhering it next time to see if inking is needed.
This shot shows you the tiny bits of bling a little bit better on the card. I had originally put an opaque on every second piece of 'lace' that jutted out BUT there were an odd number of pieces jutting out so there were two spaces left and it looked silly. Another "Note to self" moment! Argh!
Supplies (all CTMH unless specified):
Bamboo, Vanilla Cream and Black
1.25" circle punch (Stampin' Up)
1. Cut Bamboo 12x12 cardstock in half and score that piece in 1/2 so you end up with a 6x6 card base.
2. Cut Bliss pattened paper sheet into a 5.5"x5.5" square. Ink edges (LOL) with Black Ink and adhere to card base front.
3. Cut a 5" circle from Black cardstock.
4. Cut a 4.5" circle from Bamboo cardstock. Stamp with lace edge image from Simple Memories stamp set. Ink edges of circle and adhere to black circle. Mount on card base.
5. Stamp "Thank You" image from Salutation Seals stamp set on Vanilla Cream cardstock and punch out using 1.25" circle punch (or with scissors). Ink edge. Adhere to center of round lace image.
6. Adhere Pearl Opaques to each lace piece of image.