Pages

12 October 2014

First Birthday Card

I had given my grandson a store-bought card for the actual day of his First Birthday but when it came to party time, I just had to make it from scratch.  

Most of his room and many of his clothes are monkey themed so, of course, monkeys had to be a big part of the card.  

I cut the 1 and the # piece with our Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge using our Chocolate and Sky cardstock. The banners I just did by hand.  Those adorable little monkeys are from our (C1558) Wild Wonders stamp set, using Chocolate and Sky ink - an easy way to get just the right background for the card.  All edges have been inked with Chocolate ink, as well, just to give the card a little more dimension.

I also popped up the #1 with 3-D Foam Tape for a little more ooomph.  

Happy Birthday in Chocolate is from our (D1560) Holiday Tags stamp set.  




Just LOVE how the whole card came out .... and I didn't even use any bling!  Totally out of character for me.  Bling usually finds it's way onto my cards.  :-)

Thanks for looking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment