Pages

13 February 2011

Apologies .... and January DT projects reveal

Hello everyone!

My apologies for not getting this up sooner but life is busy here at my house.  My hubby has been on holidays for the last 12 days so I tend to spend more time with him when I can.  With our varying shifts, there are times we may not see each other for more than an hour a day so we enjoy our time together when we can.

I am also back to working 40 hours a week in a different department.  It may be permanent but it may not.  Time will tell.  I love the hours (home by 4:15pm) so keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts a while longer.  If I get switched back, I will go back to 32 hours again and have three days off each week again. 

Anyhoooo ...  on to the talented projects completed by the lovely ladies who have blessed me with their time and creativity to help me make my blog look pretty!  After giving them a break over Christmas, they came back with a bang!

Their 'assignment' for January was to complete one of the January Challenges ....

First up will be Irma this time ...  She decided to do two of the challenges in one layout! 

She did a great job on the sketch version and she took on the flower challenge by cutting one petal off to create sort of a butterfly shape.  She then stamped them with (retired) CTMH butterfly stamps and used flower stamen and sparkles to create the body.

She also did a lot of distressing, some machine stitching and also some clear embossing on the scalloped border (which you can see much better in the second photo). 

For her title she used her cricut and cut the title out 7 times and then layered them on top of each other and distressing the edges to give the look of a chipboard title.  Fun!






Nikki did a bang-up job on the sketch as well! 

She repeatedly stamped a sentiment around the edge of her circle of cardstock and popped her stamped circle embellishment (in lower right corner) to give it some added height.  She highlighted it even more by adding a button to the center.  :-)

The butterflies by her title?  Die-cutted and silhouetted!  Super cute!






I love that they both added extra butterflies to hightlight the beautiful patterned paper of the Wings paper pack!  Not biased at all by the fact that I LOVE butterflies!

For next month .... their assignment is to use the papers and such I gave them to create cards.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment