Pages

03 April 2011

March DT Projects

For March, I gave the ladies:
- Bliss Level 2 Paper Pack papers with coordinating cardstock
- Filigree Charms

Their challenge for the month (and since March has St. Patrick's Day) was to use GREEN on their layout as well.  :-)

As per usual, they both kicked some butt with their creations:

Irma's:




Irma wasn't sure about this one but I am loving it.  :-)  She's her own worst citic but she's got more talent in her pinkie than I do in my whole body. 


Lots of texture on this layout.  She cut the title using her diecut machine and popped the "whoo's".  The pleasted patterned paper adds even more dimension.  Distressed edges give added interest.


Loving how the journaling strips run vertically rather than horizontally.

Nikki's:


Nikki has been doing a fair amount of heritage pages and it really reminds me of why we scrapbook.  I need to start working on more of my own heritage pages. My family history is what got me started scrapbooking and I've lost touch with that aspect of the hobby over the years. 


She did two this month!  Love it!


Embossing her accents gives some texture and added interest.  Layering them gives even more bang for  her buck.



More embossing.  Pure fun.

Fussy cutting one the stamped images and popping the columns adds some interest to the page.


Ink distressing is one of my fave techniques as it really gives seperation from other elements and helps it stand out.

In April they will be playing with the Sophia Level 2 Paper Pack, some Blush buttons, white daisy ricrak, pearl opaques and hollyhock ribbon.

Their challenge?  They need to use a MINIMUM of 2 circles on whatever they decide to create with their supplies.  :-)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment